This week’s roundup transforms the sandwich into an indulgent, sweet and satisfying treat that will have you lingering around the dessert table all night long. Swap out the bread for cakes and cookies, and slather on the frosting to make these delectably sweet sammies.
- Sweet Pea’s Kitchen infuses juicy red berries into Strawberry Whoopie Pies, creating a pretty pink meringue between two fluffy cakes (pictured above).
- You’ll lust for Toffee Brownie Bites with Salted Caramel Buttercream by Baking with Basil — an elegant sandwich of brownies and savory sweet buttercream.
- A luscious mound of homemade raspberry ice cream is held in place by two chunky chocolate chip cookies in Triple Scoop Desserts’ Raspberry Ice Cream Sandwich.
- Have fun assembling Unmacaron Macaron Cookie Pops by The Decorated Cookie — a colorful arrangement of miniature sandwich lollipops.
- Kitchen Karate layered buttercream frosting and sliced berries between chocolate cake rounds in Individual Chocolate Strawberry Cakes for an elegant and eye-catching dessert.
- Triple Ginger Sandwich Cookies by Gluten Free Canteen uses a vanilla cream filling to bind together homemade ginger snap cookies.