Fight the winter chill with rich and satisfying recipes from our Soups, Stews, and Chowders collection, now available in the Gourmet Live Store.
Kick up the heat with a fiery bowl of Thai-Spiced Tomato Soup, or keep it classic with Chicken Soup with Rice made with store-bought broth and rotisserie chicken. For fresh flavor from the sea, opt for a mug of Seafood Stew that’s loaded with baby squid, white fish, and veggies, and finished off with a splash of dry white wine.
Download the free Gourmet Live app then head to the Library to access the Store for our Soups, Stews, and Chowders collection.
From traditional Japanese Nikujaga to flavorful Pho Bo, it’s time to cozy up to a hearty bowl of the season’s best soups and stews. Take advantage of the ingredients already in your fridge or pantry, or experiment with a variety of global tastes from this week’s roundup.
- Cioppino is believed to have started out as an Italian stew with chopped fish, but TasteFood puts a Greek spin on her version, adding a shot of ouzo to the stew stock (pictured).
- Put your fall and winter kale to use with Never Enough Thyme’s Sausage and Kale Soup.
- Cooking. Eating. Carousing. details a simple way to make the soy sauce and honey-seasoned Japanese beef and potato stew Nikujaga.
- Lake Lure Cottage Kitchen shares her version of the Spanish soup Cocido, which is a chickpea-based soup made with the protein-packed trio of chicken, beef, and pork.
- Described as “liquid gold comfort food,” Elise’s Kitchen’s Curried Butternut Soup has a spicy kick that can’t be missed.
- Indonesia Eats’ Pho Bo is a Vietnamese beef rice noodle soup filled fresh ginger, coriander, garlic, and fennel.
- You can’t go wrong with Elly Says Opa’s classic take on French Onion Soup.
Cuddle up to autumn with this week’s roundup of hearty fall favorites. From Pumpkin Muffins to Fennel and Apple Gratin, each recipe will ease you into the freshest post-summer produce.