Photo: Sang An
Don’t let all the turkey talk fool you, Thanksgiving is all about the side dishes. And we all know the star of the side show is the stuffing. This bready dish is a must have at any Thanksgiving table. One of the best things about this savory side is that there are so many different ways to prepare it.
What’s your favorite kind of stuffing?
Download the free Gourmet Live app for recipes, feature stories, special collections and more.
Today’s special in the Gourmet Live Store
features comforting side dishes that are perfect to pair with your favorite mains for a long weekend of relaxing and indulging. From classic Macaroni and Cheese topped with a crispy Panko crust to rustic Roasted Potatoes with Bacon, Cheese and Parsley, there’s an indulgent recipe for every palate to enjoy.
Download the free Gourmet Live app
then head to the Library to access the Store for our Comforting Sides collection and more.
In this week’s roundup, we’re sharing our favorite ways to switch up your holiday side dish spread. From a spiced potato gratin to Dijon lentils, cook up our picks for these warming, seasonal favorites.
- Brandon Matzek of Kitchen Konfidence uses winter’s harvest to his advantage by pan-caramelizing Brussels sprouts in olive oil until crisp and golden and then topping them off with a sprinkle of Parmesan (pictured above).
- Sweet potatoes, baking potatoes and fragrant cumin come together in this cheesy Two Potato, Chili, and Cumin Gratin from KO Rasoi.
- Jessica Jones of Jonesing For… creates a dish that’s as frugal as it is delicious with her Warm Dijon Lentils.
- Mix cream cheese and jalapeños into your corn for a sweet and warming Mexican Corn side dish by Pip & Ebby.
- Pilaf gets a colorful and aromatic twist in A Life of Spice‘s Red Rice Pilaf made with chicken stock and Bay leaves.
- Dinner With Julie turns ordinary sweet potatoes into pillowy bites in Gnocchi with Roasted Sweet Potatoes and Mushrooms.