The arrival of October every year signals the start to holiday feast planning, and my first thought is always to sweet potatoes, and more importantly, the crispy, crunchy pecan topping that often accompanies the Thanksgiving classic. The hearty nut takes on more than just a supporting role in this week’s roundup of sweet and savory recipes for gratins, parfaits, brownies, and more.
- Wild Rice Salad (pictured above) from Foodess stars a sweet and savory mix of crunchy pecans, dried cranberries, and chopped green onions.
- The Meaning of Pi layers sweet potatoes, Parmesan and crunchy pecans in Spicy Sweet Potato Gratin.
- Chia Pecan Peach Parfait from Tasty Eats at Home pairs pecans with fresh fruit for an unbeatable breakfast combo.
- 30 Pounds of Apples’s Sugar n’ Spiced Pecans are a DIY take on a street food favorite.
- My Daily Morsel’s Turtle Brownies go beyond the basics by topping tender brownie batter with homemade caramel and crunchy pecans.
- Chocolate Pecan Almond Toffee from Sweet Twist of Blogging is the perfect homemade snack for sharing.