Loaded with goat, Iberico, and Manchego cheeses, The View from the Great Island’s Jalapeño Poppers are baked until golden for a caramelized crunch. Serve these to guests as an addictive bar or party snack guaranteed to keep plates clean and bellies full.
Get in the Cinco de Mayo spirit with a roundup of recipes that are big on flavor while being light on your wallet. From Creamy Chicken Taquitos to Guacamole Salad with Lime Vinaigrette, get your celebratory spread ready for an all-out fiesta.
- Kick off the party with a splash of lime juice and tequila in Berrylicious Margaritas from Daydreamer Desserts, which put a blood-red twist on a classic favorite (pictured above).
- Creamy Chicken Taquitos from Annie’s Eats are a savory bite of peppery spices, shredded chicken and melted cheese.
- Black Bean Salsa with Chilies, Corn, and Tomatoes from Sea Salt with Food include roasted jalapeños for a smoky kick to corn and grilled shrimp.
- With a Mexican toppings bar, your guests can create their own baked potatoes like Loaded Mexican Yukon Golds from My Bud the Spud.
- A variation on the traditional dish, Pork Skin “Chilaquiles” from The Rooter to the Tooter tops smoked pork skins with fried eggs and queso fresco.
- Featuring a mix of bright peppers, black beans, and creamy avocados, this Guacamole Salad with Lime Vinaigrette from Unsophisticook will add a burst of color to your festivities.