As March Madness kicks into gear, we’re warming up off the court with recipes for the perfect pizza party. Choose a few of the flavor combinations below, or have your guests mix up their own toppings for a bubbly, cheesy slice that’s best enjoyed while kicking back in front of the TV as you catch your favorite college team in action.
- Green Cilantro gives traditional pizza toppings a fresh take with Zucchini and Sausage Pizza. Fresh figs balance out the sausage for a sweet and savory bite on a bed of sliced zucchini (pictured above).
- Food52 baked up Leek, Bacon and Goat Cheese Pizza featuring a tempting trio. The charred pizza crust pairs perfectly with browned bacon and fresh goat cheese.
- Slices of hot dog replace sausage in this Filipino-style Pan de Sal Pizza from Jun-Blog. The pizza sauce is sweetened with banana ketchup for a tangy twist.
- Golden pineapples top soft, homemade pizza dough in BBQ Chicken Pineapple Pizza from Naturally Ella.
- This simple yet satisfying Caramelized Onion and Arugula White Pizza from Aggies Kitchen is bursting with fresh flavor from the arugula and the sweetness of caramelized onions.
- Burritos get a makeover in Black Bean Pizza from Coach Lana’s Blog, which incorporates all the classic Mexican flavors of corn, black bean, sharp cheddar and spicy chili powder.