Nothing says comfort like a picnic table laden with platters of finger-lickin’ fried chicken, refreshing coleslaw, and creamy potato salad. With the first hints of summer warmth at our doorstep, The Hot Plate provides the inspiration to fry up some crispy, golden chicken served with a rosemary-honey dipping sauce for a touch of savory sweetness. Frying in peanut oil gives this chicken a crunchy crust and a moist, tender interior.
Fried chicken is comfort food at its finest, combining that unbeatable duo of a crispy crust with a moist and tender interior. And whether you’re a plain fried chicken purist or a connoisseur of condiments, we bet you’ll find a taste or two below that will have you hooked.
- We think it’d be hard to beat Melissa Clark‘s perfect marriage of tangy buttermilk and rich duck fat in her Duck Fat-Fried Chicken (pictured above).
- While they may not be totally fried, Dinner A Love Story’s Chicken Cutlets have a perfect, fried outer layer that will wean your kids off the frozen stuff.
- A Good Appetite whips up a creative combo in the form of Dill Pickle Faux-Fried Chicken that’s baked, not fried.
- Homesick Texan’s Red Chile Hot Wings, smothered in homemade red chili salsa and served with chipotle blue cheese dressing, are chicken wing perfection.
- Fried chicken gets an Asian twist with Foodjimoto’s Michiko Fried Chicken, made with soy sauce, garlic, sake, ginger, and mochiko, a sweet rice flour found at most Asian grocery stores.
- Sassy Radish reveals a few tips for making the perfect fried chicken with her recipe for Classic Fried Chicken.
- And we couldn’t forget all of our vegetarian friends! Fry up big flavor with The Culinary Enthusiast’s Beer Battered Asparagus that’s served with lemon dipping sauce.