- Snappy Gourmet‘s Pumpkin Cheesecaketini combines pumpkin, cinnamon, caramel and cream in a graham cracker-rimmed martini glass (pictured above).
- Spice up the season with cinnamon, honey, vanilla, and rum like Wishful Chef did in Rum Hot Chocolate with Honey.
- Serious Eats’ Sweet Pick-Me-Up infuses the rich flavor of red wine with the electrifying taste of coffee and Aztec chocolate bitters.
- Chai tea gets a twist with My Life as a Mrs’ Vanilla Vodka Chai Tea swirled with a cinnamon stick.
- The Slow Roasted Italian also uses vodka in his fall cocktail, but mixes it with apple cider and amaretto in Heidi’s Comet Cocktail.
- Fig makes a comeback this fall paired with honey mint syrup and Shiraz in 12 Bottle Bar’s Honey Fig Redemption.
- Jammy Chicken steeps thick applewood smoked bacon and Tellicherry Indian peppercorns for three days in a glass of vodka to make his very own Bacon Vodka.
I’m a fall fanatic. I could write a Valentine to pumpkin-picking and leaf piles, but instead, I’ll focus on one of the season’s greatest virtues—the flavors. Few things taste more autumnal than apple cider, and Southern Comfort’s rich flavor makes it the perfect spirit to pair with fall’s signature drink.
This technique couldn’t be simpler. In a clean jar with an air-tight lid, combine one part Southern Comfort, one part apple cider, and one cinnamon stick per gallon of liquid. Let the juices infuse for at least three weeks. If you make it now, your cocktail will be done just in time to enjoy the peak foliage. Serve it hot on your next hay ride, or cool in a punch bowl as a post-pumpkin picking refresher.
What’s your favorite fall cocktail recipe?
Download the free Gourmet Live app for recipes, feature stories, special collections and more.
Today’s special in the Gourmet Live Store features our favorite Cold Weather Concoctions designed to help you thaw out from the winter chill. Download the free Gourmet Live app then head to the Library to access the Store for this seasonal collection, which includes recipes for Brandied Hot Chocolate, Hot Ginger Tea with Cinnamon and more.