Are you crazy for cranberries? A batch of Cranberry Cream French Toast from V.K. Rees Photography may just be your calling. Fluffy stacks of French toast skip the syrup and are slathered with cashew cream and cranberry sauce. This recipe is also vegan-friendly, as it replaces popular French toast ingredients such as egg and milk with coconut milk and tofu.
‘Tis the season for holiday parties, and Louisa of Living Lou has the perfect recipe for your appetizer platter. She adds a fresh twist to traditional stuffed mushrooms by mixing goat cheese and tangy cranberries into her festive Cranberry-Stuffed Mushrooms, which are the perfect pair with your choice cocktail.
- Texanerin‘s 100% Whole Wheat Cinnamon Apple Squares are so sticky-sweet no one will believe they’re made with 100 percent whole wheat flour and fiber-rich fruit (pictured above).
- Caren Blair takes advantage of fall’s star starch with Sweet Potato Donuts with Marshmallow Glaze.
- Life’s a Feast serves up Cranberry-Cherry Macarons, perfect for snacking or gifting this holiday season.
- Brush up on your pastry skills with Elra‘s impressive Chocolate Puff Pastry with Pear and Almond Frangipane.
- Double your pumpkin pleasure with the DIY version of Pumpkin Ice Cream Sandwiches from Bite Sized.
- Chocolate & Carrots sneaks a healthy twist into Double Chocolate Pecan Pie that’s made with a whole wheat crust.
- Ecurry turns breakfast into dessert and dessert into breakfasy with Caramelized Apple Walnut Cinnamon Rolls.
My journey with alcohol began the way that many other girls start drinking: cranberry juice, vodka and a mission. My love affair with cocktails began on Valentine’s Day of 2003, shortly after my love affair with my college cohort ended. Before that, I had never had a sip of alcohol –no small feat for a young co-ed at a party school.
Although this gateway drink gets a bad rap in the cocktailing community because of its overt attenuation of the vodka flavors, it remains popular due to unparalleled drinkability. While this beverage may not be the most sophisticated, it’s certainly festive.Continue reading