We scoured the Web for this week’s roundup of food news, trends and the best of the recipe blogs. Get the latest about the calorie count craze, homemade potato chips and a protein you might be surprised to see on restaurant menus.
- Calorie counts are set to invade movie theatres, convenience stores and airplanes (via Slashfood).
- Get a quick-fix recipe for homemade potato chips with fennel, coriander and black pepper rub from Not Without Salt.
- Grub Street’s Fall Preview includes a look at the newest meat on the menu, goat.
- Executive Pastry Chef Jansen Chan of Oceana restaurant in New York City demonstrates the technique for creating his Blueberry Mochi Cake served with tapioca pearls (via how2heroes).
- The LA Times weighs in on the evolution of home economics.
- Seven Spoons adds a touch of summer to deep-fried dough with Blueberry Beignets.
- Brush up on your braising technique for fall with Souvlaki for the Soul’s Cinnamon Briased Lamb Shank.
- Serious Eats provides an in depth look at barbecue festivals across the country.