October is National Pizza Month, so let’s deep dish. Whether classic Italian, Chicago- or New York-style, pizza brings pizzazz to parties, game nights, and those hungry times when you just can’t bear to turn on the oven. From pepperoni to pineapple, its toppings are limited only by its maker’s imagination; no adornment is too pie-in-the-sky. Once you find your favorite, it’s hard to stop at one slice (could this be the Domino’s effect?). No matter, as long as you’ve got the dough. Give pizza a place in your fall lineup with a recipe from these food blogs:
- Vegan Richa’s Almond Feta, Mushroom Pizza with Herbed Spelt Thin Crust (pictured above) rounds out with greens, olives and golden cherry tomatoes for a nutritious take on the classic fast food.
- Tandoori Tofu Vegan Pizza from Veggieful.com is another meatless treat.
- Kid-friendly, fun and festive, Easy Halloween Pizza by Within the Kitchen uses assorted cheeses to evoke pumpkins and ghosts.
- Use real butter’s Barbecue Chicken Pizza incorporates cheese, chicken, and cilantro for a smoky pie with Southwestern flair.
- Deep Dish Pizza with Brussels Sprouts and Bacon from Healthy. Delicious. counters the Brussels’ bitterness with sweet apple butter.
- Pepperoni Pizza Pull-Part Bread from Just a Taste is a creative twist on a classic pie.
- Pizza sticks around for dessert in Six Sisters’ Stuff’s Apple Pie Dessert Pizza.