It’s not hot enough to fry an egg on the sidewalk, so why not bake it? The blogosphere is abuzz with hundreds of ways to get eggs out of the frying pan, into the oven. Make them the main event in quiches and frittatas, or the crowning glory of a hearty breakfast. Have a soufflé-a-day. These incredible edibles are packed with protein, minerals and vitamins—they’re one of the few containing Vitamin D. Make sure you get the good stuff: a hen’s diet affects the flavor and color of the yolk.
- With the stroke of a fork, you’ll send sunshine-yellow yolk streaming over PaleOMG’s Five-Ingredient Breakfast Stuffed Acorn Squash (above).
- Poor Girl Eats Well shops around for the cage-free organic eggs that star in Baked Eggs with Broccoli, Mushrooms, and Cheese
- These Egg Muffins with Peppers, Kale and Cheddar by Vintage Mixer and packed with protein—and possibilities. Mix them up with different add-ins to suit your style.
- Nutrition coach Linda Wagner’s Italian-Style Baked Eggs dish delivers pizza flavors without the crust.
- You won’t be able to eat just one Spinach and Artichoke Mini Quiche by the Queen of Quinoa (guest posting on Cara’s Cravings).
- Vanilla Soufflé from Cooked by an Angel will fill your kitchen with a heavenly aroma.