Soup simply soothes the soul. It often cures the common cold. All I need is a rounded cup and curved spoon to take the edge off a rainy day. When the weather turns cold, give me soup by the bowlful. Fragrant and filling, there’s no meal quite like it; of course it’s diverse, equally fitting as appetizer or entrée. To bisque and back, from broths to a hearty mélange approaching stew or ragù, here are a few soups to inspire you:
- October Evening Lentil Soup with Spinach (above) by Feed Me Phoebe is picture perfect as is, and works just as well with arugula or other hearty greens.
- Real Food. Good Food.’s Bean and Bacon Soup proves that everything’s better with bacon.
- Porcini powder adds umami to Miso Soup from Andrea’s Easy Vegan Cooking.
- Raw Food Chesham’s Spicy Thai Onion Squash Soup incorporates a panoply of flavors from Southeast Asia.
- Black beans, brown lentils, ground meat, tomatoes; cabbage, carrots, parsley, potatoes: Everything but the Kitchen Sink Soup from Bless this Mess lives up to its name.
- From Mel’s Kitchen Cafe, Hearty Chicken Gnocchi Soup is a creamy, dreamy indulgence .