Summer is slowly fading into fall, but that doesn’t mean you have to hold out on a fruit-filled sweet for dessert. Peaches, plums, apples, apricots—make the most of fruits in their prime by featuring them in a variety of upside-down cake recipes from around the Web.
- Eat, Live, Run’s Brown Butter Plum Upside Down Cake is layered with juicy plums and topped off with a scoop of vanilla ice cream (pictured above).
- Individual Ginger-Peach Upside-Down Cakes from The Bear Cupboard adds a kick of earthy flavor to the classic confection.
- Ease into the cooler months ahead with Cake Duchess’ Warm Apple Cornmeal Upside-Down Cake.
- Kate From Scratch created a decadent version of this classic treat by combining two all-star fruits in her Plum and Cherry Upside-Down Cakes .
- Apricot Caramel Upside Down Cakes from Susan Eats London adds a fresh twist to everyone’s favorite fall combo of apples and caramel.