Whisk your taste buds away to the tropics with pineapple-inspired recipes boasting floral notes and a beautiful balance of tangy, tart sweetness. Although you can find it canned, fresh is always best. To check for ripeness, sniff the bottom of the pineapple. If it smells slightly sweet, it’s ready to eat.
- Three kinds of chile peppers—ancho, guajillo, and chipotle—make Cook and Be Merry’s Pork Tacos with Achiote & Grilled Pineapple literally hot off the grill (pictured above).
- Veggie Belly’s Pineapple and Coconut Rasam is a spiced, broth-based soup from South India that’s flavored with tamarind pulp and fresh sprigs of cilantro.
- Chewy, dried chunks of ginger and crushed pineapple dot Bakingdom’s Pineapple Gelato with Fresh Rosemary.
- Closet Cooking’s Korean Pineapple BBQ Chicken Quesadillas are dripping with jack and cheddar cheese and spicy Korean-style salsa roja.
- Delicious on crackers, eCurry’s cumin, coriander, and cinnamon-scented Indian Spiced Pineapple Chutney is bold enough to pair with your favorite pungent cheese.
- Mama’s Gotta Bake’s juicy, caramelized slices of Roast Pineapple and Pistachios are cooled down with a dollop of creme fraiche and torn mint leaves.
- Like a lunchtime rice pudding, Coffee and Vanilla’s chilled Rice Salad with Pineapple, Red Kidney Beans, Corn and Raisins is dressed with sour cream and lots of fresh black pepper.