I celebrate Cinco de Mayo every year with a fiesta filled with south-of-the border-inspired bites. Start off your feast with crispy chips and dippers, slow-cooked tacos, fruity salsas and more. ¡Salud!
- Pair smoky roasted tomatillos and olives in Foodie Crush’ Roasted Tomatillo and Green Olive Salsa (pictured above).
- Pull out the slow cooker for Bakeaholic Mama’s cheesy seven-layer Corona and Lime Chicken Bean Dip.
- The Tomato Tart’s Strawberry-Rhubarb Salsa makes for a sweet and sour seasonal dip.
- Simple and mild, One Lovely Life’s Pineapple Guacamole gets a fragrant, floral hit from this juicy tropical fruit.
- Top the Turntable Kitchen’s tender, pull-apart Slow-Cooked Beef Tacos with smooth avocado and crunchy pickled radishes.
- Scarletta Bakes’ creamy corn salad esquites, or Corn Cups, are tossed with a zesty cilantro, lime, and queso fresco-based dressing.
- Don’t throw away used lime rinds! Instead, fill them with Brit & Co’s creative Margarita Jello Shots and keep the fiesta going long past appetizers.