Children’s ever-changing, finicky appetites make mealtime seem more like a hurdle to overcome than a time to savor. Entice kids to the table and expand their palates by putting a spin on a few favorite classics. Even the pickiest eater may turn out to be a young gourmand!
- Turn off your stovetops for Busy Mommy’s Overnight Fridge Berry Oatmeal that softens oats with yogurt, apple juice, and a long nap in the fridge for a creamy springtime porridge (pictured above).
- Chopped tart apples and peppers marry well with savory sausage in My Adventures in the Country’s Chicken and Apple Sausage Breakfast Burrito.
- Kids can top My Fabulous Recipes’ cheddar and tomato-based Cheeseburger Soup as creatively as they would their own hamburger. Try it with caramelized onions, pickles and a dollop of dijon mustard.
- Creamy mashed potatoes blanket The Post Punk Kitchen’s zesty Mexican-inspired Tamale Shepherd’s Pie.
- Little hands will love helping you assemble Eats Well With Other’s Sweet Potato Spinach Pesto Lasagna Rolls.
- Melt-in-your mouth tenderness will make Pass the Sushi’s Slow Cooker Chicken Tacos disappear from the dinner table.
- Wrapped like a present, Cuizoo’s Cod in Parchment is cooked en papillote, yielding steamed vegetables and flavor-imbibed fish.