If you plan on nixing gluten from your next meal or your diet in general, come time to cook, you may feel as though your hands are caught in a wheat-free bind. However, sacrificing gluten doesn’t mean sacrificing your favorite dishes. Take advantage of the creative gluten-free possibilities that stem from culinary constraint and whip up something refreshingly different!
- For a modern spin on the Southern classic, The First Mess’s Almond Sweet Potato Biscuits with Mushroom Gravy is both sweet and savory, vegetarian and gluten-free (pictured above).
- Eat the Cookie!’s Spicy Peanut Chicken with Kelp Noodles uses nutrient-dense, pre-packaged kelp noodles, rather than rice noodles, to soak up a spicy soy-ginger sauce.
- Roost’s Cashew Brioche with Spiced Muscadine Preserves blends finely-ground cashews with yogurt and apple juice for a moist breakfast loaf perfect for slicing and spreading with jam.
- Omitting starch in House to Haus’ Flourless Chocolate Cake with Raspberries leaves this cake fudgier and more dense than it’s grain-filled predecessors.
- Anja’s Food 4 Thought’s Spinach Goat Cheese Tart uses a butter-cut buckwheat crust, which has a deeper, nuttier, and more earthy flavor than traditional wheat.
- Smokey bacon and fresh herbs upgrade White on Rices’ Turkey Sloppy Joes on Rosemary Rolls from classic kids’ food to contemporary family fare.
- Como Come Comi’s chickpea-flour based Vegetarian Taquitos are topped with black quinoa, fresh mango salsa, and spiced tofu “carnitas.”