Thick-cut, applewood-smoked, brown sugar-glazed, or slab−there’s no wrong way to enjoy bacon. Enjoy a few of our favorite bacon-inspired recipes for delicious, yet unconventional ways to get your pork fix.
- Jammy Chicken’s Bacon Vodka (pictured above) infuses vodka with piquant Tellicherry peppercorns and bacon for a savory twist in your next Bloody Mary.
- Peanut Butter Bacon Cookies from Joy the Baker combine gooey peanut butter with a salty, smoky hint of bacon.
- Pinch of Yum creates a Bacon, Pear, and Raspberry Grilled Cheese Sandwich with crisp pear slices, sweet preserves, and crunchy bacon all melted together with Muenster cheese.
- Zucchini, Serrano pepper, and crisp chunks of bacon are deep-fried and then dipped in a Tarragon Aioli in Zucchini Fritters from Not Without Salt.
- Homesick Texan’s Jalapeño Cheese Ball is a rich and spicy version of the classic pecan-covered cheese ball, with the addition of diced jalapeño and bits of crumbled bacon to toasted crunchy pecans.
- For an addicting snack, try Kitchen Konfidence’s Spiced Mixed Nuts that combines garam masala and cinnamon with nuts and chopped brown sugar-glazed bacon.
- The classic maple-bacon duo meets through the medium of ice cream with a splash of smoky bourbon in Cherry Tea Cake’s Maple Bacon Bourbon Ice Cream.