Weekly Roundup: Macaroni and Cheese
Macaroni and cheese combines two trusty companions that fill every comfort food craving. Although this pair is more classic than monotonous, let one of these seven twists inspire your own noodle with the addition of hearty veggies, fresh herbs, and tender proteins.
- My Baking Addiction’s Mac and Cheese with Roasted Chicken, Goat Cheese and Rosemary is a filling one-pot meal. If time is an issue, use a store-bought rotisserie chicken or roast your own the night before (pictured above).
- Caramelized leeks add sweetness when baked into Food and Style’s Mac and Cheese with Braised Leeks, Asiago, and Parmesan.
- Spicy andouille sausage, green bell peppers, and green onions join forces in Handle the Heat’s southern-inspired Cajun Mac and Cheese.
- Clean Eating Chelsey’s Vegan Pesto Mac and Cheese slims down your typical bowl of saucy pasta by going dairy free. Cannellini beans and spicy dijon keep the texture creamy, while an oil-free pesto adds a touch of green.
- Not just for crackers, garlic-and herb-infused cheese creates a base for Kitchen of Friends’ Boursin Mac and Cheese.
- 1 Big Bite’s Macaroni and Gruyere Cheese with Butternut Squash, Smoked Salmon, and Dill swaps lobster for salmon to give noodles a briney richness.
- Leftovers? Ditch the microwave in favor of the waffle iron for Waffleizer’s Waffle Mac and Cheese, which presses breaded macaroni into crunchy, gooey grids.