Weekly Roundup: Classic and Creative Chili Recipes
Nothing says “great football host” like a simmering pot of chili to welcome your guests. Chili purists will gawk, but try using chorizo or turkey instead of ground beef, replacing the kidney beans with black beans, baking your chili with spicy cornbread, or ladling it over crunchy Fritos. Who knew this cold-weather staple could be so versatile?
- Smitten Kitchen’s Classic Beef Chili wouldn’t be complete without Sour Cream Cheddar Biscuits, a unique compilation of chili’s classic toppings (pictured above).
- Slowly cook this Black Bean Chili from Lana’s Cooking with rich, smoky spices and serve with your favorite fixins’ for a meal your guests won’t forget.
- Kitchen Konfidence’s use of shredded turkey stewed in bold spices makes a welcome modification in this recipe for Turkey Chili.
- The addition of chocolate adds a balanced richness and a deep hue to Baked Bree’s Chocolate Chili.
- Spicy cornbread serves as a golden topping in Dorie Greenspan’s Cornbread-Chili Casserole.
- Nostalgic comfort food on a heaping mound of corn chips? This recipe from Homesick Texan for Frito Pie with One-Hour Texas Chili will make you wish you were a cowboy.
- Amateur Gourmet’s Seven Chile Chili toasts a variety of hot chiles to bring out the fruity, smoky flavor in this bowl of red.