From traditional Japanese Nikujaga to flavorful Pho Bo, it’s time to cozy up to a hearty bowl of the season’s best soups and stews. Take advantage of the ingredients already in your fridge or pantry, or experiment with a variety of global tastes from this week’s roundup.
- Cioppino is believed to have started out as an Italian stew with chopped fish, but TasteFood puts a Greek spin on her version, adding a shot of ouzo to the stew stock (pictured).
- Put your fall and winter kale to use with Never Enough Thyme’s Sausage and Kale Soup.
- Cooking. Eating. Carousing. details a simple way to make the soy sauce and honey-seasoned Japanese beef and potato stew Nikujaga.
- Lake Lure Cottage Kitchen shares her version of the Spanish soup Cocido, which is a chickpea-based soup made with the protein-packed trio of chicken, beef, and pork.
- Described as “liquid gold comfort food,” Elise’s Kitchen’s Curried Butternut Soup has a spicy kick that can’t be missed.
- Indonesia Eats’ Pho Bo is a Vietnamese beef rice noodle soup filled fresh ginger, coriander, garlic, and fennel.
- You can’t go wrong with Elly Says Opa’s classic take on French Onion Soup.