Weekly Roundup: Sensational Sauces and Spreads
Dress up any autumnal meal with our top picks for sauces and spreads, from Pumpkin Butter to Boozy Bacon Jam. Get cooking for your holiday meal or bottle up a batch for the ultimate homemade gift.
- Café Sucré Farine transforms a classic dessert into a spreadable jam by combining carrots, apples, pineapples, and pecans for Carrot Cake Jam (pictured above).
- La Kocinera’s version of hummus substitutes traditional chickpeas for black beans and tops off the mix with jalapeños for a spicy Black Bean Hummus.
- Keep a Sunday afternoon free this fall to try Mmm…Is for Mommy’s Sunday Gravy, which becomes a meal in and of itself with the addition of Italian sausage, flank steak, and pork ribs.
- Torview spices up Sweet Mango Chutney with subtle hints of chili powder and ginger.
- Give your breakfast sandwiches a double-dose of bacon with Spoon Fork Bacon’s Boozy Bacon Jam.
- Share My Kitchen’s Pesto Rosso kicks up the traditional sauce with the addition of tangy tomatoes.
- Go gluten-free and vegan with Life Tastes Like Food‘s Pumpkin Butter, which is perfect for slathering on French toast, bagels, or crispy crostini.