Satisfy your sweet tooth this Labor Day weekend with a few sugary treats that will have your friends and family hovering around the dessert table. From Brown Butter Plum Cobbler to Oatmeal Rum Raisin Cookies with Wildflower Honey Ice Cream, each recipe is simple, sweet, and sure to please.
- Not Without Salt’s Nigel’s Yogurt Brulee, made with thick, tart, and creamy Greek yogurt, doubles as dessert or breakfast (pictured above).
- While we all love a good PayDay (and we don’t mean the kind that comes on Fridays), Sweet Pea’s Kitchen’s homemade Chocolate Caramel Peanut Bites put the grocery store candy to shame.
- The Wednesday Chef calls her Clementine Bakery’s Banana Cake the “best banana cake the world has ever seen,” and it’s hard to disagree.
- Versatile and totally delicious, Zoe Bakes’ Oatmeal Rum Raisin Cookies with Wildflower Honey Ice Cream are perfect for warm weather entertaining.
- Seven Spoon’s Brown Butter Plum Cobbler, made with a vanilla-almond topping and a brown sugar, cinnamon, and ginger coated filling, is simply irresistible.
- French aperitif wine, which tastes of bitter greens and citrus, adds a little kick to 101 Cookbook’s Lillet Buttermilk Shakes garnished with fresh basil.
- Bake of Break’s Black-Bottom Cookie Bars are a delicious, creamy, chocolaty take on the Southern pie of the same name.