Ripe tomatoes are one of the wonderful perks of summer that make the heat and humidity a little more bearable. They are great on sandwiches, tasty in pasta sauces, and delicious on their own with a little salt and pepper. This week’s roundup takes a look at a few recipes that include this farmer’s market favorite.
- Girl Versus Dough keeps things simple by topping her Beer Pizza Crust with cheese and tasty tomatoes (pictured above).
- Last Night’s Dinner makes the BLT a little easier on the eyes by substituting heirlooms for regular tomatoes.
- The Wednesday Chef’s quick-fix recipe for Pamela Sherrid’s Summer Pasta will be your new go to when it’s too warm outside to slave over a hot stove.
- Simply Recipes’ Shrimp Po Boy Sandwich served with tomatoes and Cajun remoulade is succulent simplicity at its best.
- Give your kabobs an added kick with Steamy Kitchen’s Asian Steak Kabobs made with cherry tomatoes, portobellos, squash, and sirloin marinated in ginger, sesame oil, and soy sauce.
- Get a mouthful of fresh tomato flavor with Love and Olive Oil’s Heirloom Tomato Caprese Sandwiches.
- Matkonation’s Farmers Market Summer Meal combines all the best things about the hottest of seasons: sweet corn, fresh basil, local lettuces, and ripe tomatoes.