What better way to head into Mother’s Day weekend than with a roundup of our favorite brunch recipes from moms and moms-to-be! They’ve added a personal touch with stories behind many of the recipes, so preheat your oven and let the Sunday celebration begin.
- Orange Blossom and Almond Overnight French Toast by Kelsey Banfield of Naptime Chef is the perfect make-ahead main dish for Sunday Brunch. Kelsey adds that in this dish, “challah bread is soaked overnight in fragrant citrus custard and topped with crunchy sweet almonds. The next morning it is popped in the oven first thing and served with a simple dusting of confectioners’ sugar or a drizzle of warm maple syrup. It is the elegant, delicious breakfast every Mom deserves.” We couldn’t agree more!
- Dinner a Love Story makes it an extra memorable Mother’s Day with her mom’s recipe for Almond Biscotti, which has been passed down for two generations.
- Breakfast is made simple with Savoring the Thyme’s Tomato, Scallion and Cheddar Breakfast Melt that bakes up in just two minutes.
- Wake up mom with Dinner with Julie‘s Bread Pudding Espresso Syrup. It’s the perfect sweet and savory starter or dessert.
- Debbie Koenig of Words to Eat By suggests her Baked Apple French Toast, adding that when she was a kid, she “distinctly remembers attempting, year after year, to bring my mom breakfast in bed on Mother’s Day. Most of the time it ended in a) tears, or b) food spilled all over her comforter. So I have no expectations of such a treat from my own child, especially since he’s only four. My husband, on the other hand, could definitely swing it. This year I may even give him a leg up by sneaking a tray of Baked Apple French Toast into the fridge the night before—then all he’ll have to do on Sunday morning is pop it in the oven, put some on a plate, and help our son carry it to me on a pretty tray. And if he can decorate the tray with an early peony or two, so much the better.”
- Two Peas and their Pod whip up a classic Eggs Benedict that’s a perfect brunch dish for your celebratory spread.