This week’s recipes show how to elevate a dish to new heights by incorporating both sweet and savory elements. Whether it’s chocolate-covered pretzels or squash-filled tortellini, we guarantee that these flavor profiles will hit your palate in a unique and memorable way.
- Peanut Butter Pretzel Bites from 17 and Baking are an indulgent, easy-to-make snack starring the complementary combination of pretzels and melted chocolate (pictured above).
- Miso Mackerel with Spicy Mustard Salad from No Recipes is covered in a sweet and savory miso glaze. A crisp celery bed adds a welcome textural contrast.
- Sweeten up your dinner with Tortellinis Filled with Roasted Acorn Squash & Portobello Mushrooms from Tina’s Nom Noms. Squash and mushroom are wrapped in wonton wrappers and sprinkled with fried garlic and walnuts.
- Jasmine Tea’s Chicken Tagine with Apricots and Almonds is a hearty, spice-infused dish. The fragrant chicken is simmered with dried apricots for a sweet, earthy flavor.
- These Fat Elvis Whoopie Pies from Handle the Heat reinvent the traditional trio of ingredients in the iconic Elvis sandwich. Browned bacon gives a crunchy texture to a creamy peanut butter frosting and soft banana cakes.
- Can’t decide if you want a sweet or savory snack? Munch on these Sweet and Spicy Chinese Five Spice Roasted Almonds from Pinch My Salt for the best of both worlds.