As we near the end of the prime citrus season, don’t let those oranges in your fruit bowl go to waste. From a sprinkling of zest to a squeeze of fresh juice, these recipes show just how versatile the orange can be toward brightening up any dish with a refreshing pop of citrus flavor.
- Chinese Orange Chicken from Local Kitchen features tender chunks of boneless chicken that are first fried in batter and then coated in a sweet and tangy citrus glaze (pictured above).
- Start your day off right with Raw Orange Chia Seed Breakfast Pudding from Rawmazing. A topping of homemade granola gives an added crunch.
- Fresh-squeezed orange juice moistens up Orange Berry Muffins from Sweet Pea’s Kitchen.
- The Ardent Epicure makes a colorful arrangement of fresh fruits in Brandy Dipped Citrus Salad with Fresh Fennel and Avocado.
- Raw Asparagus with Orange Zest and Pancetta from Daily Unadventures in Cooking features shaved pieces of raw asparagus in a dressing of white wine and orange juice, dotted with crispy pancetta.
- Roast Chicken with Orange and Meyer Lemon from Sharing Plate will fill your kitchen with the zesty aroma of orange and lemon butter.
- Oranges take the cake in Pineapple Orange Ginger Cake from eCurry. The zest is rubbed directly into the flour, while the pulpy flesh gives an intense, fruity flavor.