This week’s roundup features the best in warming, comforting and filling stews. From curried potato stew to a vegetarian take on cassoulet, prepare for a weekend full of hearty one-pot meals guaranteed to beat the winter blues.
- Cooking Books made Shaker Bean and Cider Stew using savory smoked sausage, fresh thyme and tender cider-soaked vegetables (picture above).
- Lamb Stew with Sauteed Morning Glory from Marcus Samuelsson combines spicy chilies with sweet coconut milk and creamy avocado to create a unique stew with an international twist.
- eCurry cooked up Curried Potato and Cauliflower Stew with Toasted Peanuts in a rich tomato broth that would pair well with a few slices of hot, garlicky naan.
- Beef, Potato and Quinoa Soup on Gina’s Skinny Recipes is spiced with cumin and would be perfect topped with a few slices of avocado.
- Make Weekend French Onion Soup from The Cooking Photographer to fill your kitchen with the aromas of caramelized onions and bubbling Gruyere cheese.
- Fresh herbs and vegetables meet in this Vegetarian Cassoulet with Garlic Confit from A Little Bit of Everything.
- Chicken and Sausage Cassoulet from Acquired Taste uses creamy white beans and chicken confit for extra rich flavor.