The shift from autumn to winter calls for a first meal of the day that is both warming and filling. We’ve rounded up our top picks for the ultimate cold weather breakfast dishes that include sweet and spicy options like cinnamon-spiced quinoa and traditional North African shakshouka.
- Cake for breakfast? Yes, but only when with made from squash, praline, and applesauce like in the Know Whey Fall Breakfast Cake (pictured above).
- Oh She Glows whipped up a vegan Gingerbread and Pumpkin Overnight Oatmeal Parfait layered with banana soft-serve and topped with warm coconut butter.
- Eggs, chilies, and tomatoes come together in the classic North African dish Shakshouka on The Family Kitchen.
- Breakfast Quinoa from Dinner With Julie takes the healthful grain to new heights with brown sugar, cinnamon and a splash of milk.
- Scrumptious South Africa adds a spicy Mexican touch to a traditional favorite in Breakfast Eggs Baked with Tomato, Red Pepper, Smoked Sausage and Cheese.
- Gluten-Free Crepes with Honey Lavender Roasted Persimmons uses seasonal ingredients to make a sweet alternative to traditional pancakes on My Tartelette.
- The Nesting Project whipped up this Italian Sausage & Red Pepper Strata that transforms eggs into a standout main dish.
- Healthy. Happy. Life. gave risotto an A.M. makeover with its Almond Arborio Breakfast Porridge with ”Sake Citrus” Poached Figs.