There are few cold weather beverages more comforting than a cup of hot cocoa. This week we’ve rounded up our picks for the best hot cocoa recipes that range from the traditional to the creative with pairings that include peanut butter, cayenne, peppermint and more.
- Combine calming lavender with rich chocolate then top it off with a layer of vanilla whipped cream in Une-deux Senses Lavender Hot Chocolate. (pictured above)
- Hot chocolate gets a kick of cayenne in Spicy Hot Chocolate from Joylicious.
- Good Life Eats makes Vanilla Salted Carmel Hot Chocolate using sea salt and chopped dark chocolate.
- What Megan’s Making swirled peppermint into a marshmallow mix and the result was a recipe for bright and marbled Peppermint Marshmallows.
- Fig and Kindle whipped up a classic cup of Hot Cocoa with double the chocolate.
- My Kitchen Cafe makes beverages portable and gift-able with Truffle Hot Chocolate Balls that you freeze and then plunk in hot milk.
- The already decadent drink gets a splash of triple sec in Spicy Ice Cream’s Spiked Orange Hot Chocolate.
- Peanut butter and chocolate meet in a different kind of cup in The Family Kitchen‘s recipe for Peanut Butter Hot Chocolate.