In this week’s roundup, we’re sharing our favorite ways to switch up your holiday side dish spread. From a spiced potato gratin to Dijon lentils, cook up our picks for these warming, seasonal favorites.
- Brandon Matzek of Kitchen Konfidence uses winter’s harvest to his advantage by pan-caramelizing Brussels sprouts in olive oil until crisp and golden and then topping them off with a sprinkle of Parmesan (pictured above).
- Sweet potatoes, baking potatoes and fragrant cumin come together in this cheesy Two Potato, Chili, and Cumin Gratin from KO Rasoi.
- Jessica Jones of Jonesing For… creates a dish that’s as frugal as it is delicious with her Warm Dijon Lentils.
- Mix cream cheese and jalapeños into your corn for a sweet and warming Mexican Corn side dish by Pip & Ebby.
- Pilaf gets a colorful and aromatic twist in A Life of Spice‘s Red Rice Pilaf made with chicken stock and Bay leaves.
- Dinner With Julie turns ordinary sweet potatoes into pillowy bites in Gnocchi with Roasted Sweet Potatoes and Mushrooms.