Food Blog Roundup: Calorie Counts, D.I.Y. Potato Chips and All Things Goat
We scoured the Web for this week’s roundup of food news, trends and the best of the recipe blogs. Get the latest about the calorie count craze, homemade potato chips and a protein you might be surprised to see on restaurant menus.
- Calorie counts are set to invade movie theatres, convenience stores and airplanes (via Slashfood).
- Get a quick-fix recipe for homemade potato chips with fennel, coriander and black pepper rub from Not Without Salt.
- Grub Street’s Fall Preview includes a look at the newest meat on the menu, goat.
- Executive Pastry Chef Jansen Chan of Oceana restaurant in New York City demonstrates the technique for creating his Blueberry Mochi Cake served with tapioca pearls (via how2heroes).
- The LA Times weighs in on the evolution of home economics.
- Seven Spoons adds a touch of summer to deep-fried dough with Blueberry Beignets.
- Brush up on your braising technique for fall with Souvlaki for the Soul’s Cinnamon Briased Lamb Shank.
- Serious Eats provides an in depth look at barbecue festivals across the country.